Simple Mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

songe

Reaction score
This was my first attempt at brewing mead. And it will take allot of aging and clearing in cardboys.

First of the ingredients:
15.8lb of clover honey
5.2 gal of water
Servomysis
1.7 oz of raisins (as yeast nutrient) (divided up for a week) so add some each day for a week.

After 30 ish days. put it into secondary!

I've divided it up to 3 batches. 1 with blueberries and one with raspberries and rest as plain mead.

so the melomels needs about 6 weeks in secondary to eat the sugars from the fruit and get all the color and flavor.

This is not yet done, but ive taken a sneak taste of all of them.. and let me say wow.

As you can see in the two photos... the big plastic bucket is the plain mead, whiles in the other photo with the two glass growlers in the back (1 gall each) are the melomels, wherei added 2.2lb of frozen fruits. and the small plastic one is a 3 gal ferm bucket with plain mead. i might oak age 1 gal of it when my melomel is done.

IMAG0212.jpg

2013-08-27 14.21.19.jpg

Back