Silicone Camlock Dustcovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surlytheduff

Reaction score
Anyone ever come across silicone (or rubber) caps/plugs that could serve as dust covers for a/f/b/d camlocks? The SS ones are nice and all, but seem like a lot of overkill.

If not, it seems like there would be a market (albeit small/niche) for these things if there was somebody who had a silicone molding connection.

I have camlocks and don't see a need for a plug or dustcover. In what situation would you want such a thing?

I have camlocks and don't see a need for a plug or dustcover. In what situation would you want such a thing?

My "brewery" shares space in my garage with a full blown woodworking setup. I have sawdust everywhere. Without the caps, dust would be inside my plate chiller and in my pump setup. Very handy there.

Not sure if this helps but I'm in the same boat: woodworking + the wind seems to blow everything into the garage fairly quickly.

This was supposed to be a quick fix until I could get proper covers but they seem to work really well. Snug fit even in the horizontal keggle QD's.

photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

The trick is to find just the right size twist cap to use. Had some laying around.

Anyone ever come across silicone (or rubber) caps/plugs that could serve as dust covers for a/f/b/d camlocks? The SS ones are nice and all, but seem like a lot of overkill.

If not, it seems like there would be a market (albeit small/niche) for these things if there was somebody who had a silicone molding connection.

No, I haven't. But in the meantime, you could just use some saran wrap and a rubber band, or some aluminum foil.

I was going to simply use painters tape. Tin foil is even easier. I kinda dig the golf ball idea. :)

yea I use foil too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

This was supposed to be a quick fix until I could get proper covers but they seem to work really well. Snug fit even in the horizontal keggle QD's.

View attachment 175227

The trick is to find just the right size twist cap to use. Had some laying around.[/QUOTE]

I'd use a nine iron on that shot.

Wow, I've been looking for something like this for some time. like others who replied my brewery is in a garage, well....actually a 30x40 pole barn. This is perfect and way cheaper than the metal caps I've seen on some brew supply sites.

Back