Sieves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeviaanah

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for a quality sieve set? Which ones would you suggest?

McMaster-Carr. Never used one but just listened to a podcast on MBAA about them. Not an inexpensive investment.

McMaster-Carr. Never used one but just listened to a podcast on MBAA about them. Not an inexpensive investment.
I just purchased from amazon. #14 sieve with top and bottom. I'll purchase a few others when funds free up

Out of curiosity, what are you using such sieves for?

The only thing I can come up with is for calibrating your mill to produce a Congress mash.
But what would you prove with that?

Sieves can be used for optimal adjustment of a production mill too. Ideally one should perform such an adjustment with each new lot of malt as friability characteristics can vary with each lot and malt type.
If you want to produce a Congress mash you need to get the special rotating disc mill specified by the standard in any case, you can't just adjust your regular mill.

Back