Side swap- Jim Karr's beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Jim sent me a few of his beers and a small bottle of raisin wine to try. Thanks Jim!

They looked like the UPS shook them up very well, so they are settling in the fridge. I couldn't wait, though, and opened one last night.

Airedale Tail Pale Ale: (And I do NOT to know why it has that name!!!!)

Appearance: Hazy and light colored. Because it was quite shaken by UPS, I assume otherwise it would have been clear. The color is great- pale in color, perfect for a pale ale. Small head that lasted a while.

Aroma: Well, up front I smelled no hops at first, but kind of a sweet-ish aroma. I thought maybe it was extract.

Flavor: Wow- this was really good! Definitely a strong, smooth bitterness and a balanced maltiness, too. I found it to be a very nice example of an American pale ale. Contrary to the aroma, there is NO discernable extract flavor at all- it's very clean and smooth and nicely hopped. It has a hint of fruitiness, too, which was nice in this beer.

Overall: This was a very nice, easy to drink beer. I really enjoyed it very much, and I'm looking forward to trying the rest of them!

Thanks, Yooper! I appreciate your feedback.

Ever since the late 1960's, my Dad has had Airedales. We started with Sparky, then Sandy, another couple of Sparkys, and now the twins Mutt and Jeff.

It's kind of a fun and offhand tribute to my Dad's dogs.

Glad you liked the beer!

Back