Side by side keezer/fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintonejones

Reaction score
Hello forum,

I am new here and thought I would try and tap into your collective expertise. I am going to be setting up a keezer here pretty soon, which I have found is going to be an easy project. However, I will also be moving, and my new home reaches about 112-115 degrees in the summer, and about 30-40 degrees at night in the winter. So, obviously a temperature controlled fermenter is in order. I am resistant to getting a second chest freezer because I don't really want to take up that much space in my garage, and I don't really like the stand up side by side fridge/freezers because they lack the room of the chest freezers... plus I think they're ugly (just personal preference, so please don't take offense).

I was wondering if there has ever been a side by side chest freezer that can be converted to a keezer/fermenter? Or if anyone has come up with creative ways to deal with fermenting in the hot/cold climates, I'd love to hear it. I was thinking of buying a wine fridge for fermenting, but I'd like something that fits more than one ferementer. I'd love to hear any ideas, thanks.

Jones :rockin:

"Some clever quote someone else thought of"

Back