Side by side fern chamber question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snidepath

Reaction score
Ok, so I recently got a side by side fridge/freezer for free. I'm thinking about using it as a fermentation chamber. I plan on cutting out the dividing wall so that I have one big chamber.

Can I just use my ink bird controller? I'm worried about temperature swings

Will a couple ceramic bulb style heaters be enough for a chamber that big? I plan on mounting them low since hot air rises

Should I plan for having some type of circulation? Small desk fan or something like that?

I'm only planning on having 2 fast ferments hanging in there. Also, I'm going off this write up, just simplifying with the ink bird if possible

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=105054

I'd be concerned about getting the doors to seal properly if you cut out the dividing wall. I do agree though, that it would be more useful as one large chamber...

I'm not very familiar with them, but you should be able to use an inkbird controller. To buffer the temperature swings, I have a probe sitting in about a quart of water at the far end of the fermentation chamber from the cooling element. I would recommend computer fans, or some other way to circulate air around.

Latest posts

Back