show your age with a picture of a toy from your childhood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrogNerd

mean old man
Reaction score
evil knievel.jpeg

These cost a dime in the late 50s. I probably went through a couple hundred of them. I was fascinated by airplanes as a kid. 60-some years later, I guess I still am.
View attachment 689895

Same story in the 80's. I actually carved bucks to steam the wings over to create a proper air foil. I got real deep into those things. Scary deep.

Since my department was moved to the overnight shift and it's impossible to get into my factory until it's 10mins prior to the start of your shift, I spend a lot of time hanging out at Ace hardware. I was stoked to see they recently started selling Guillow's Starfires at the register.

Can you believe they want $15 for three? The whole point of Starfires is that they were disposable!

There's no decency in this world of ours.

I remember the day I got one of these from my great grandparents from California when they visited us when I was 5. Mine was brown and is still at my dad’s house
3762AF92-3E8E-4647-94F1-E774E87D831E.jpeg

Had one of these too at about the same time and it hauled a lot of dirt around the farm. Wore out a lot of knees in my jeans too.
9DE4DB88-C2BA-4576-9C9B-B99A81B4FEDF.jpeg

Both were all steel except the wheels and windows.

days of BBSs, i thought i was cool when i went from 2400 baud, to 4800.....when i hit my late teens and was shotgunning 56k....i had no idea how much my mom loved to pay the phone bill.....

I hosted a BBS as a teen. Even paid for the phone line for it out of my earnings selling computers at best buy. That's what a nerd I was.

I hosted a BBS as a teen. Even paid for the phone line for it out of my earnings selling computers at best buy. That's what a nerd I was.

i had my BBS too, at 13....i remember how fun it was to setup Fido(?) Frontdoor, and start my own little message group....(with the secret pirate part)

wish i could find a screen capture of dialing up and having to press esc how everymany times or what it was.....

edit: i wasn't that nerdy, i had stupid hair down to my ass, smoking pot, and thinking it was cool to look destitute.....thank god i found homebrew!

edit #2: of course around here thinking looking destitute made me look cool, probably makes look like a kid..... :mug:

Last edited:
Back