Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaddaya guys think of this one? I'm working on a bunch of automotive-themed beers for some upcoming car shows. I haven't brewed this one yet - heck don't even have a recipe yet, but the name came to mind and I thought, "Hmm, sounds like an Impy IPA..."

8nAXZ6wl.jpg

KITT would be proud!

This one is great. The rest are good too. I just really like the aesthetics of that Framboise label...

Frr sure, that one is gorgeous. Well done.

Cheers guys and MANY thanks! I really appreciate it! I wish I could get y'all a bottle of that framboise! It came out really tasty!

Cheers,

-JM

Hadn't done any labels in a while, but this beer was good enough it needed one. Fortunately, I'd already given it a name, so that helped set the tone. (It sounds like some sort of evil creature to me, but maybe I'm weird.)

IMG_1132.jpg

Didn't have access to these files when I posted my Day's End label. These are the labels for our two other "house brands".
Bottle caps are also color coordinated. Green for the Easy Crossing and chrome for the Silver Lining.

Label. Silver Lining.jpg

Easy Crossing Label.jpg

Kick butt my friend... Love the cross table ware! Love it! Hey, by chance can you tell me where you get your neck labels? Or, do you do them yourself? (Label type / brand / setup / etc.)

Cheers,

-JM

+1

Though, I use a lot of weird size bottles and have never found a stock neck template that has worked for me. I always end up using string and measuring to get the correct dimensions and building a template from scratch. Even wine bottles I like to use hocks or stretched bottles. Really annoying to put neck rings on...

My first attempt at colored labels using Gimp, alot of inspiration on here as well as a label tutorial I saw online a while ago. Let me know what you think.

I like this one - going waaay back for architectural style. Beer is starting out great, and should be really good as it gets a bit older.

8902020390_f66e76306f_z.jpg

This one is probably my least favorite so far. I just missed the mark with the curving red text.

8902019338_6c26dd328e_z.jpg

It's an homage to Surly getting the MPLS zoning code changed to allow for tap rooms, which are springing up all over the city. Now if StP would just get their act together, I might have a chance at a taproom a bit closer to home. Back on topic - its a Furious clone that is Goooo-oood.

reverendj1 said:
Great idea! I wanted to do a beer for 4th of July, but forgot about it in time. You should use these caps if you haven't already bottled. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/plain-u-s-flag-caps-144-ct.html

I think I will, I'm going to try and get a good recipe down and then make the labels. I always say kiss my freedom loving ass and I thought freedom loving lager would be an awesome name for a beer

I like this one - going waaay back for architectural style. Beer is starting out great, and should be really good as it gets a bit older.

8902020390_f66e76306f_z.jpg

I dunno if you're taking any of my suggestions to heart, but I really like what you're doing with these now - incorporating the text into the image.

Looks really good. I'd say your overall theme is pretty unique, and there's nothing bad about that!

I have labeled my HB efforts 2 Butts Brew Works (named after the 2 cats, Big Butt & Little Butt, who are ever curious of the brewing happening in their basement)

The element that I am reusing is the paw print filled with an image that pertains to each specific brew.

First label is for Big Butt's Summer Ale. I used beerlabelizer.com for this one and added the paw print which is hops
BBSumerAle.jpg

Next is the Klienen Arsch Oktoberfest (translates to Little Butt in German)
Oktoberfest.jpeg

And then we've got the Lord Baltimore Rye Pale Ale. The photo is of a family reunion that we have in the Outer Banks. Our family came over to America from England on a ship with Lord Baltimore. The paw print is sand.
LBRye.jpg

Next is a raspberry beer I am trying for my girlfriend. Santtalgi is raspberry in Korean, she studied abroad in Korea and loves the country.
santtalgi.jpg

And last is the mango habanero pale ale that I plan on brewing. The paw print is habanero peppers and I tossed in a picture of Tina Fey. There is a real thing called the Tina Fey Effect, where you eat a spicy food and the spicy is not detected until you continue eating the food and realize that it is really hot. The same is said to be true of Mrs Fey's looks. (proof: http://commonsensedancing.blogspot.com/2008/05/tina-fey-effect.html)
MHpaleale.jpg

cheers!

I like drawing pictures and them gluing them to my beer bottles. We brewed extract kits for the whiskey stout (my person loves whiskeys, I love stouts, so its the mushy, threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-bit label), also an imperial pale ale. We brewed a belgian tripel, and my boxer/chupacabra mix, Tesla, looks kinda like Admiral Ackbar with a severe underbite, so I just went with the horribly awful play on that. Those aren't on bottles yet, because I'm waiting for it to carb and I feel like labels = ready to drink, so I'm waiting :)

whiskey stout.jpg

ipa.jpg

.jpg

I like drawing pictures and them gluing them to my beer bottles. We brewed extract kits for the whiskey stout (my person loves whiskeys, I love stouts, so its the mushy, threw-up-in-my-mouth-a-bit label), also an imperial pale ale. We brewed a belgian tripel, and my boxer/chupacabra mix, Tesla, looks kinda like Admiral Ackbar with a severe underbite, so I just went with the horribly awful play on that. Those aren't on bottles yet, because I'm waiting for it to carb and I feel like labels = ready to drink, so I'm waiting :)

Those are rad! Lol

Brewed this Saturday as a one-gallon experimental batch. Also planning to brew a Brown-Ale version of it later this week perhaps. I went with 20% of honey malt just to see what'll happen!

79X1b8tl.jpg

Latest posts

Back