Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401533143.506506.jpg
Just finished this four tap Keezer. Bye bye bottling!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Drool. How did you run through the counter and seal for airflow?

not the ideal method, but I used foam insulation inside and out where the tower cooling lines and beer lines run through. that way if I ever need to do any maintenance, I can easily break the foam and re-apply.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401656714.886383.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401656730.139817.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401656738.194719.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1401656749.635371.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401656791.252830.jpg
Here are my two systems. One is my portable set up for two kegs with paintball canister dispensing. The other is my fridge kegerator for four kegs.

there are some truly spectacular builds in this thread. Mine is much more humble, but I just started putting it together so draft beer is good!

546E65F6-F184-4F89-BB31-B65890C45165_zps70ltdtyq.jpg

Awesome. I used the same fridge for mine let me know when u get ready to wire in a temp controller. It's super easy.

Hey Im using this fridge too. What temp controller did you use? I'm looking to put on in.

I'd be interested in seeing this as well.

Taps through the mini-frig door for the win.

You could use an stc1000 I used the one that's a knockoff of it that only does cooling or heating but I got it because it's in Fahrenheit.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402333774.856716.jpg

I painted the handle with chalkboard paint so I can label my taps. Plus the handle makes a nice chalk tray. The wiring was super easy. I pulled out the built in thermostat and it only required me to add 1 extra wire to make everything work. I used the wires from the door switch to run the power wires for the controller and then pulled the extra wire back from the relay to the compressor wire which is all housed in the thermostat/light housing.

Purchased mine I don't have the time or space to build one yet so here it is. Got a D coupling with Big Daddy IPA to test it out and a corny set up on the otherside which will be my 1st home brew test. Ran the beer line in copper tubing to keep them coot up the tower.

1402336942276.jpg

Just ran beer lines up tower in copper and added a pc fan blowing into a t copper tube up the tower.. no more foamy 1st pours

Well I literally just went through all 526 pages, and I am torn to which way to go with my kegerator/kreezer. I have a fridge I could probably use, or I am wondering if I should get a freezer and style it up.

Well I ended up buying a used fridge. So I can move my spare fridge the the garage and use the new-used fridge to make a kegerator. I will post pics when it's done

Got this baby for free. It stunk real bad and was pretty rusty, but i just replced some parts, sanded after cleaning with lemon , viegar, and baking soda. Oh and spray paint with zinc(for the galvenized steel). Works and smells good as new. Looks like the 80's though.

1402967174277.jpg

I successfully went through all 526 pages of this thread. Got a lot of ideas and now am planning & assembling the parts.
Plan on documenting and posting when I'm done. See you in a year. :)

Purchased mine I don't have the time or space to build one yet so here it is. Got a D coupling with Big Daddy IPA to test it out and a corny set up on the otherside which will be my 1st home brew test. Ran the beer line in copper tubing to keep them coot up the tower.

Nice, I'm assuming this is next to the xbox for convenience!😜🍻

Finally got around to putting a collar on this. I had just been using cobra taps which worked out for a couple of years until I broke a couple of taps and beer was lost forever.

Got the freezer on the side of the road (luckily) and picked up the various pieces along the way. There's space for one more keg inside and may put another tap to the right side for the year round stout/porter.

keezer.jpg

Its on my list to start a thread with my build pictures from this guy but I haven't sat down long enough to do it yet. Hopefully this will provide some motivation. Not the typical set up but pleased with the result.

kegerator1-63172.jpg

Its on my list to start a thread with my build pictures from this guy but I haven't sat down long enough to do it yet. Hopefully this will provide some motivation. Not the typical set up but pleased with the result.

kegerator1-63172.jpg

I'd be interested in seeing how you did this. Not that I'd have the time to make one of my own, but some day I might.

kegerator1-63172.jpg

I agree with DanPoch. I would love to see a build thread on this.

Here ya go. First shot is with my $3 Lowes table legs which some folks thought looked like a Doc Johnson product. :D

NewKegerator.jpg

I then got my custom made handles on there. There is a guy in San Antonio who makes these. He'll burn in any inscription you wish.

4569-NewTapHandles.jpg

4569-NewTapHandles2.jpg

this is amazing! what do the handles cost? I want that exact cider handle

The small-ish kegerator we have now is getting upgraded :D. Scored this fridge for a decent price, sourced some new shelves yesterday for fairly cheap also. Looks like I should be able to fit 5 kegs + CO2 down on the bottom, shelf for glassware up top, and then shelf space for other stuff in the middle. Need to get things drilled out, doing three taps for now.

The small-ish kegerator we have now is getting upgraded :D. Scored this fridge for a decent price

That is a score.. That thing is awesome! I'm all about a stand up over a keezer, but mine is barily tall enough for ball locks which makes things awkward, but I can fit 6. Would love the extra height of that one.

Looks like he went outside picked up a stick peeled the bark off and sealed it. If your building your own kegerators a simple tap-handle shouldn't be too hard.

Back