Show us your favorite bottle opener

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Handed down from my grandfather who worked at the Goebel brewery in Detroit for a while.
Bottle Opener.jpg

View attachment 738549
My wife got me both so that's pretty much why I like and use them. Copper is from Nest on Canfield (same block as Traffic Jam and across the street from Third Man Records) in Detroit and the pewter one is from Urbanum in Detroit on Woodward.
I have an AC/DC one (well-worn but and on sabbatical) and, always ready, my razor sharp, chef's knife if I don't feel like walking four feet to a kitchen drawer and have had fewer than three beers.
The shark-tunnel (we call it a sharknado) is for our cats and is from 3 Dogs 1 Cat in Eastern Market (Detroit).

Now i want to go get that copper one and hit up Jolly Pumpkin and some pizza! Let the dogs play at the dog park too!

Jolly Pumpkin and some pizza
Oh, yeah! Finding good pizza places is a slight focus for me. I know Jolly Pumpkin is right next to The Traffic Jam (worth a look around).
In Eastern Market is the well-known Supino's.
Then Licavoli's was impressive enough.
Beer-wise, I like the Cadieux Café because of their Belgian beer and dive atmosphere and Atwater in the Park in GP was very pleasant.
I don't get around to breweries enough to be a good source, honestly. I'm a one-trick pony, always going for the Belgian. I like picking up the Final Absolution Trippel of the Dragonmead brand on Jefferson in SCS., called Dragon's Landing.
Edit: I love the copper one but it's not made nearly as well as the pewter one.

Someone found my bottle opener offensive, or was it the texture of the table, not sure .. but the post got deleted. Although I thought it is 18+ forum anyway since it discusses topics about alcoholic beverages.

Last edited:
Someone found my bottle opener offensive, or was it the texture of the table, not sure .. but the post got deleted. Although I thought it is 18+ forum anyway since it discusses topics about alcoholic beverages.

No. We have other places for not safe for work (NSW) type of posts. We may be a forum for like-minded adults to discuss brewing and quality fermented products, but it's not a place for dick pics or pseudo-dick picks.

No. We have other places for not safe for work (NSW) type of posts. We may be a forum for like-minded adults to discuss brewing and quality fermented products, but it's not a place for dick pics or pseudo-dick picks.
This is one of those rare occasions where I’d like to thank the censors for their vigilance and swift intervention.

This is one of those rare occasions where I’d like to thank the censors for their vigilance and swift intervention.
We're not censoring! We're enforcing our Terms of Service and Rules, everyone agreed to when creating an account:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/tos/
This falls under:

5. Member Conduct

5.1. You agree to use the Websites only for purposes that are permitted by a) this Agreement and b) any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions.

5.2. (Excerpt)
  • You agree to refrain from engaging in any inappropriate conduct when using the Websites. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may result in the termination of member privileges. Inappropriate conduct is any conduct or behavior deemed by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, to be harmful to the online community, including, but not limited to, the following:
  • Posting any content deemed by us to be obscene, sexually explicit, vulgar, threatening, harassing, or abusive;

I have a SS credit card one I like. Fits in my wallet too.

We bought a few back from Bali, but I doubt I’ll be able to post a pic of them haha.

I’ll use anything close by that I think will work. Lighter, screwdriver, knife, or even the square edge of my saw table. I used to use my teeth in my younger years ( twist top ) Not now though

Last edited:
I have a few. The one I keep on my keychain doesn’t work terrifically but it also doubles as a screwdriver. The next is a wooden one carved into a lion my parents brought back from Africa. Three old school openers that were my grandfather’s that I acquired after he passed away, Lucky Lager, Budweiser, and Bergermeister with a cartoon of Bergie. The Craftsman one that is indestructible, a tiki opener, an antique silver handled one, the largest one I own, and my favorite, the old school church key and corkscrew combo.
5E57CE2E-97C3-4693-82F8-FB8838024F6C.jpeg
9E914EA2-ED2C-4683-BC95-B6AE2564F95B.jpeg

I have three regulars.
first up is the cheapo that stays in the kitchen.
6A36C6AB-8666-41ED-9399-E657CEB83371.jpeg

Then is the best gift I ever received from a niece, has been on my keychain for three vehicles, two houses, and well over a decade.
1E9BBA25-7C8D-48DF-B916-3463992CF7E5.jpeg

And finally, the basement bottle opener. Got talked into going on a castle tour from an insanely cute redhead I met while in Munich. I felt obliged to buy something at the gift shop afterwards. I was actually pretty bummed cuz there was a much cooler looking castle a few miles away, but like I said, she was cute.
D30198C4-2380-473C-8EBD-3D53135AECDE.jpeg

@apache_brew Happy 5th anniversary, almost! That's the wood anniversary...you need a whiskey barrel for aging a nice stout or something, and a new table :)
Thanks! It actually reads 6/25. It’s a little worn and the picture is a little blurry. I have an old whisky barrel I played around with a still a few years ago I may need to revitalize. The shitty table top is throw away dresser in my garage.

Back