Show me your tap handles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a bunch of 5/8"wrenches in my extra wrenches bin. I turned 3 of them into faucet handles.

Sj2MVkX.jpg

Suckling pig skull. This is from way back. Getting ready to upgrade the kegerator to a keezer and make a bunch of new ones. More to come.
FB_IMG_1513971588704.jpeg

A couple of tap handles from Funky Buddha in South Florida that I was able to paint in a local craft brew shop, one from Wicked Weed before they sold out, and a basic chalk board style.
My GF made the surf board brew sign hanging up in back.
20180525_072034.jpg
20180525_072016.jpg
20180525_072022.jpg

Gotcha! Well it certainly presents well. So is it the kind of magic that can be learned (David Copperfield), or would I need have been born with it (Marie Laveau)? It sees that method would open up a whole plethora of items that could be turned into handles.

Beautifully done! Did you mill the metal or adapt ready made pieces? Either way it’s awesome. The only problem is it’s going to be hard to beat your first post. :D Welcome to the forum!!
Thank you! I machined every piece. The insert I milled and pressed into the wood after paint filling it! This was my first attempt an am excited to make more! :mug:

My buddy just made the one on the right

Attachments

• 20200412_110007.jpg
    20200412_110007.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
I made these on my junky lathe. They're from an old dogwood tree I saved pieces from years ago. I still have to turn 2 more when I get over being lazy which might take a minute. I will finish them in walnut oil and friction polish. I'm debating on what to fill the holes with in the one with worm holes. I'm probably going to use resin with green tint to match the dragon on my keezer build. I like to smoke cigars so this fits my motif and being lazy it was quick and easy.

Attachments

• tap.jpg
    tap.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • taps.jpg
    taps.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 1 tap.jpg
    1 tap.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • draon-keezer.jpg
    draon-keezer.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
These are my handles. Son designed the graphics for me and I sent off to a company that made them. Handles are double sided and have the flying Heron on one side and standing Heron on the other. Very happy with how they turned out. I use liquid chalk markers to label what's on tap.

31070C05-763F-40E8-9819-C61D1F4B4055.jpeg
BAF1F1B6-0CDE-4CB0-8BA5-29A800E0FEEC.jpeg

Back