Should I rack a second time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireManDan

Reaction score
I brewed a light lager and took it through the fermentation phase in a glass carboy then racked off into a keg. The keg has been lagering for apprx 3.5 weekd now and in a few more should be ready to go. My question to the community is should I rack again into a "bright keg"? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Dan

I wouldn't rack it again. If anything the first pint or two and the last pint might be a cloudy, but after that everything will be clear. I think the hassle of racking again wouldn't be worth it.

Those were my thoughts also, but I guess i was being a bit vein with the appearance i wanted. Thats cool though I think I will do just that, have you brewed any lagers?

Yes I have. If its already in the keg you could pull a few pints to check before force carbing to check the appearance and re-rack if it doesn't meet your expectations. Just turn the psi on real low to pull your samples.

That sounds like a fantastic idea, going to get on that tonight. Thanks for the input. Cheers

Back