Should I add more yeast???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrawkgeek

Reaction score
I've got an Imperial Chocolate Pepper Stout on the go... And I was going to bottle it. I don't know if I should add more yeast or not. It has been in primary for 3 weeks... and secondary for about a week. It clocked in at OG 1.10. It has gone down to 1.028 as a FG.
Should i add more s-05? or something?? Or just let 'er go???

I wouldn't add more yeast. If you are worried about having enough to carb it. In my opinion, the only time I would add additional yeast would be after a long lagering period or if you wanted to add a little champagne yeast to get the FG down a little lower. But I think you are good to go as long as that reading is stable.

fermentation temps?
expected FG?
Pitch rate?
Recipe?

Ah, whatever... the above info probably doesn't matter anways. I'd just go ahead and bottle it and see what happens.

To echo what Mr. Grimm said, what problem are you trying to solve?

If you are worried that your FG is too high, relax. Considering that you started at 1.100, your yeast did pretty well.

Cheers,

Ok. Thanks all. I just didn't know if the yeast like that kind of alcohol environment. May have died or something. I bottled it... We'll see how it all goes.

Back