Should both SSR lights always be on?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jekeane

Reaction score
I replaced a breaker, and main outlet from a burn out today when I powered up I noticed that the right SSR is not lit up while the left is. I seem to remember them both always being on. The right ssr is linked to the breaker I had to replace. Is it likely this SSR is toast too?
F3612772-BE46-43C8-9F8C-83A9BDFE7C9C.jpeg

This is a 30a electric brew supply panel on a 30a gfci breaker.

I dont want them both firing. Im just wondering why when everything is off (other than the main power) does the left SSR led stay on but the right SSR led never turns on. the right SSR LED doesnt turn on even if I turn the element switch on.

my original issue with a burn out is here: Panel Repair burned out main.

The answer is that the SSR light is off because the boil PID is reset to 0% while the HLT pid stays at 100% after power down. When I set the boil to anything other than 0 it lit up to represent the cycle.

So you're back in business then? :)

Cheers!

Hopefully heh i notice that one of the din rail block looks a little wonky very slightly warped but no burns I have a few spares from the original build so I think i'm going to pull that for good measure. It's pushing 100° this weekend so dont think ill be spending much time in the garage

Latest posts

Back