Shorts Brewing 2016 Release Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they've been ****ing everything up lately. Don't be surprised if they **** up Hopstache, Freedom, SSC, Key Lime.....

And while I'm here I might as well rant a little about Anni Party XII: You want me to pay $35 to celebrate YOUR anniversary?
How about celebrating the fact that Michiganders helped make your company by not charging them for your party.
The 10th was a beautiful free thing, 11th cost $20--but we got MOMF swag!--what will next years cost?
The 10th Anniversary Party really was something special...

IMAG1208.jpg

Seriously Short's? Is this what we've come to?!?

IMAG1208.jpg

Seriously Short's? Is this what we've come to?!?
The last couple pages in here have been mostly doom and gloom, negative-nelly stuff. I'm trying to stay positive and not give into the fact that Short's is seriously losing the mojo that made them what they are. But this, this is just purely disappointing. What the ****!?!

You're one of those glass half full people, aren't you? Bah humbug!

The last couple pages in here have been mostly doom and gloom, negative-nelly stuff. I'm trying to stay positive and not give into the fact that Short's is seriously losing the mojo that made them what they are. But this, this is just purely disappointing. What the ****!?!
Yeah, they're making some questionable (bonehead) moves, but at the end of the day they still make my favorite beers because--they continue to make really great, interesting and weird beers. Mr. Fusion and Melt My Brain are both fun and I'm glad I got to try them and save a couple for the summer months. Not sure if the bad batches in question here are the Huma and Space Rock cans mentioned earlier, but this could be a matter of getting the canning line right or adjusting the formula to have them taste correct? Idk--not a brewer. All I'm saying is--all it will take is in a couple of months for them to release Strawberry Shorts Cake, Key Lime or a surprise Mmmkay in cans (with correct taste) and I think all of us will be cozying back to up Shorts.

Anyone hit the Anniversary Party? How was it? How was Anniversary Ale?

I drove up from Indy for it, as I've been attending their anniversary parties for quite some time. They sold out all 3000 tickets, and that felt like just the right size of crowd for the space. The music acts were good, the weather was awesome, and the beers on tap were, for the most part, really damn good. The Anniversary Ale is good, but I've been a fan of that beer for awhile. The Erraticus wild ciders were great, and I'm glad I have a couple bottles at home with me. Sweep the Leg was my favorite beer of the night. The description didn't wow me, but the beer did. Such a smooth, dark bourbon bomb. I also dug their berliner, which made for a good sipper to help moderate the level of intoxication. Beer lines seemed long, but moved very fast. I don't think I ever waited more that 10 minutes, and usually much less. More seating outside would have been good, but any more and the space would have felt too crowded. I was also surprised to see them bring out bottles of the first two Private Stache bottles (Pinball Whisperer and Aliconicopia) for sale. I was very impressed. The only two downsides for me were cracking my phone screen (my fault) and being followed for 5 miles by a state trooper who I believe was looking for any reason to pull me over. The police situation leaving was intense. I can only imagine how many dui's got handed out. I understand and expect it though. Anyway, the party itself was great. Joe and his staff did a fantastic job keeping things moving as well as possible. I'll be back next year for sure.

I drove up from Indy for it, as I've been attending their anniversary parties for quite some time. They sold out all 3000 tickets, and that felt like just the right size of crowd for the space. The music acts were good, the weather was awesome, and the beers on tap were, for the most part, really damn good. The Anniversary Ale is good, but I've been a fan of that beer for awhile. The Erraticus wild ciders were great, and I'm glad I have a couple bottles at home with me. Sweep the Leg was my favorite beer of the night. The description didn't wow me, but the beer did. Such a smooth, dark bourbon bomb. I also dug their berliner, which made for a good sipper to help moderate the level of intoxication. Beer lines seemed long, but moved very fast. I don't think I ever waited more that 10 minutes, and usually much less. More seating outside would have been good, but any more and the space would have felt too crowded. I was also surprised to see them bring out bottles of the first two Private Stache bottles (Pinball Whisperer and Aliconicopia) for sale. I was very impressed. The only two downsides for me were cracking my phone screen (my fault) and being followed for 5 miles by a state trooper who I believe was looking for any reason to pull me over. The police situation leaving was intense. I can only imagine how many dui's got handed out. I understand and expect it though. Anyway, the party itself was great. Joe and his staff did a fantastic job keeping things moving as well as possible. I'll be back next year for sure.
Great thanks!
I remember leaving the next morning after Anni 10 and seeing many, many cars on side the road which I assumed were DUI arrests.

Great thanks!
I remember leaving the next morning after Anni 10 and seeing many, many cars on side the road which I assumed were DUI arrests.

Staying local and using a shuttle service is definitely the way to go. Lots of risk otherwise. I knew I'd have to drive, so I stopped drinking after the inital tokens I got, and then just drank water with my friends and enjoyed the event. I wasn't really concerned about being pulled over, just annoyed by the hunting for dui's.

Wow, didn't they sell 4500 tix last year?

Yes, and it got to be difficult to move around. 3000 in that space was great. Plenty of people to keep it fun and festive but not so many that you're elbow to elbow the whole time. I think the format this year was great, and the ability to either pre-purchase bottles or buy them on site and then grab them when you leave was great too. I really have no complaints about how the event was ran this year. I hope they stick to what they did this year going forward.

i looked over all the cans at the store and seen nothing. bought a sixer of locals and that'll probably be the only one i ever buy.
Did they taste off or just out of principal because they aren't dated? I'm hoping to bring some Huma cans to many outdoor events in the next few months so I'm hoping the dating has occurred and the quality control is figured out by then.

Did they taste off or just out of principal because they aren't dated? I'm hoping to bring some Huma cans to many outdoor events in the next few months so I'm hoping the dating has occurred and the quality control is figured out by then.
principal! shorts can afford to date their cans so why not do it? hell the first shipment to chicago was 3-4 month old bottles and that was right before cans right? i know a bunch of people complained about the old beer so maybe this is why?

I just emailed Short's and they told me the dates are printed on the bottom of the can

I didn't know that, although it doesn't really help if the cans are inside the package.

Nowhere? Not on cans themselves? Not on package somewhere?

Da fuq?

don't they have 12 pack cans of some things? maybe those are dated as ive never seen those..

This seems like something MarcatGSB would know the answer to.
We've yet to get anything in twelve pack cans from Short's. They've all been six pack holders on flats.
I too, have yet to find a date any Local's or Space Rock, and I've looked on the bottom the can (obvious place).
It's too bad man.
We weren't even awarded a case of Short's Anniversary Ale this year... 5 years ago we would get six or seven and a quarter barrel.

We've yet to get anything in twelve pack cans from Short's. They've all been six pack holders on flats.
I too, have yet to find a date any Local's or Space Rock, and I've looked on the bottom the can (obvious place).
It's too bad man.
We weren't even awarded a case of Short's Anniversary Ale this year... 5 years ago we would get six or seven and a quarter barrel.
WTFJOESHORT!

sounds like bcbs 4 years ago. little local store always got cases that sat around for a month or so.. now? they get NOTHING!

Cans of Huma I bought had a date on the bottom. Bought them the day it hit SE MI. Cans were already almost a month old. WTF?
they sent Chicago 4 month old variety packs when they first started shippi g to them lol

Love the variety pack but i never see it until they are all two months old. Its frustrating when all they will say is "all our beer is good for 6 months. And even after that its still good."

Yea.. ok.

they sent Chicago 4 month old variety packs when they first started shippi g to them lol

Love the variety pack but i never see it until they are all two months old. Its frustrating when all they will say is "all our beer is good for 6 months. And even after that its still good."

Yea.. ok.
"Keep Refrigerated "
Snake Juice bottles were over 2.5 months old before they hit shelves. And that was a logistical decision.

Let's hold back the coffee IPA guys, because old coffee and hops taste are best.

Latest posts

Back