Short story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir Sudster

Reaction score
I came across a real interesting and funny thread on another Beer forum and thought it would be great to try here. We have such interesting , intelligent and colorful people here ya know.

Let's see if we can create a short story thread here...just finish the sentence from the last post, and let's keep it fun. Make sure that if/when you mention someone from the forums, they would be cool with it (in other words, no flaming except amongst friends) :D

I'll start it:

Is was a dry and dusty day in Texas until Txbrew came to town.....

... a sledgehammer to smash the apple to tiny ity bity apple bits since he knew it would be for sh*t anyways...

... but on his way he drove past a pub that had a sign reading "All you can eat ribs and all the beer you can drink: $2.95." So, he slammed on the breaks and ....

focus on my thirst...he pondered what a good deal that would be..never before had he seen prices like that ...but it was probably ..yes the three amigos ..MBC.... But this was not his initial intentions ...he just had to..

"Do you have a laptop? My Mac just snuffed it and I need to put an order into my HBS or else.."

Or else?!? What do you mean, or else. I thought he got banned from the internet? He has taken on another name and cannot be found. If only you could help me El Pistolero.

And thus began Txbrew's quest to find Orr Else! He ventured forth from the HBS accompanied only by his sidekick El Pistolero, a burro laiden with ingredients, and...

...followed by a pi$$ed off Blighty (demanding his avatar back) and a morose Caplan (still looking for the love boat). How'd we get to UK wondered TxBrew, as he...

...attempted to convert his compass to metric.
"Damn it captain" Said El P "we better start fermentin' yon Guach ifs we're looking to drink her by Xmas!"
Txbrew nodded and opened his....

a fantastic pyrotechnic display. However, the burro, being caught in the shower of sparks, suddenly...

bolted from the scene. As they watched, a very large marine from Guam stepped out of a pickup with a tatoo that read "Carpe Diem" and asked, "which one of you is..."

cutting this chewing gum out of my mane? there was this little brat on my flight over here chewing gum, and he....

.. was pretty tastey, but the gum got stuck when I was finishing him off. The other thing I could really use is a nice, cold...

shampoo, perm and wax job... my bikini line is an unsightly mess!"
El P chewed his lips unwillling to answer the hairy mammoth's question.
As he unloaded his waxing kit Txbrew said, "Ya know....

I haven't done this since the time I spent in the Hymalayans as a sherpa. Forgive me if I accidentally..

. . . show to end all donkey shows. But just when they gave up trying to shove that sucker into a carboy . . .

Or else popped up and asked, "Dude, what are you going to do with that (sometimes sterile) burro and that bucket of quacomole?

A platoon of marines marched by in unison, shouting, "Semper Fi!". Or Else then took the bucket of quacomole, turned to the (sometimes sterile) burro and....

. . . a herd of restless nihilists just looking for something to believe in. He rallied them to his cause by shouting . . .

"Follow me if you want to see something truly depressing!"-they stammered, then ran after him as if they....

. . . a mysterious looking man going by the name "Dude" emerged from the ranks of the Nihilists. He wielded a . . .

Back