• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania Shirron plate chiller for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gifty74

Reaction score
I'm selling my used Shirron plate chiller. I purchased this 3 years ago and it has worked very well for me ever since. The most important thing with a plate chiller is keeping it clean as there are several plates fused together with very small gaps where lots of things (hops, trub) can collect. I started an acid cleaning regime which worked well and kept it performing well. In the fall and winter months when the ground water temps are in the 50s and 60s I can run the pump at full speed and it will cool the wort down to the 70s at full flow. In the summer it has to be throttled back some to keep the temps near the 70s. It has normal wear and tear, a few small dings, but nothing major. There is also some light corrosion on the exterior surfaces, but nothing on the inside that I can see. All NPT ports and threads are nice and clean, nothing stripped. $55 shipped.

shirron1.jpg

shirron2.jpg

shirron3.jpg

Interested. How long does it take you to chill a 5 gallon batch?

Price drop to $50 shipped!! I think the cheapest place online sells them for $90 shipped. A nice little discount for someone.

Would this work w a gravity feed from the kettle spigot?

I don't have a pump, but I'd like to upgrade my IC
Thx

It can be used for that as I have in the past, but has to be kept very clean. Also, if you let a good number of hop trub through it might clog too. Works best with pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back