Shameless episode last night *may contain spoilers*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BierGut

Reaction score
Season 5 premiere last night was status quo for the show. What stood out for me was Frank's secret project. He had a lot of the right equipment but they took some "creative liberties" to make his rig look more interesting. Lol though when he starts adding the wood chips and bacon for smokey, woody flavors. Anyone else watch it? Thoughts?

Season 5 premiere last night was status quo for the show. What stood out for me was Frank's secret project. He had a lot of the right equipment but they took some "creative liberties" to make his rig look more interesting. Lol though when he starts adding the wood chips and bacon for smokey, woody flavors. Anyone else watch it? Thoughts?

I saw it and my inner geek was offended by how incorrect the set up was.

...and using a propane burner in the basement. Bad idea. I learned this from HBT.

what are you people talking about? Is there some show on tv about brewing?

what are you people talking about? Is there some show on tv about brewing?

No, its a tv show on Showtime about a disfunctional family with an alcoholic father. In last nights premiere he brews his own beer which he's named "Milk of the Gods"

Even my wife who doesn't brew was looking at the Shameless setup and saying, "that's not how it works, is it?"

130 proof beer or whatever he was claiming, still entertaining. I almost think his reaction to drinking the first sip is what we all did on the first one we made.

130 proof beer or whatever he was claiming, still entertaining. I almost think his reaction to drinking the first sip is what we all did on the first one we made.

Yeah the kid that he gives it to in the second episode cracked me up. "whoa I think I just **** myself." Then proceeds to cock-a-doodle-doo like a rooster. So I brewed a 1.104 OG beer and have decided to call it Milk of the Gods.

I wonder where they're going with this beer brewing thing? Frank said it's going to be his legacy.

I wondered how long before the first Frank Gallagher recipe would hit HBT. I liked the continuous flowing tubes aspect.

I knew I'd find a thread about this somewhere. I think it's cool to see homebrewing pop up in modern media like Breaking Bad and Shameless. It's pretty awesome that they are making it a running theme. I agree that they went pretty liberal on how beer is made, but I think there's a part in all of us that just smiled and knew there was a homebrewer somewhere on that set...and the part where he gathers wood chips at the playground to put in his beer reminds me of quite a few threads that I've seen on these forums haha...and let's be honest he even thinks like a homebrewer when he gets his settlement check... "I can rebuild my brewery." :p

Latest posts

Back