Shameless bragging/I won a thing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanKnudson

Reaction score
Hey all, I am super excited and I wanted to share with my HBT sisters and brothers. My recipe was chosen as one of the winners of the recent Experimental Brewing/Wyeast recipe contest! I just heard it on the podcast on the way home from work tonight and I can't wipe the dopey smile off my face! My beer was the winner of the WY3822-PC Belgian Dark Ale entries, called "Figgybacking." They read the backstory out loud on the podcast, and even put the recipe up on the Experimental Brewing website!

Anyway, I just wanted to share. I probably owe some kudos to more than a few of you, as HBT has been huge in helping me as I've grown in this hobby. So thanks, guys!

Anyway, I just wanted to share. I probably owe some kudos to more than a few of you, as HBT has been huge in helping me as I've grown in this hobby. So thanks, guys!

Interesting recipe, thanks for posting! Where do you get the Castle Chateau Melano, the usual on line retailers and my LHBS don't carry it.

First of all, thanks everyone! Even now, the next day, I'm still beaming.

Interesting recipe, thanks for posting! Where do you get the Castle Chateau Melano, the usual on line retailers and my LHBS don't carry it.

That's really interesting, I did a quick search and I can't find it among the usual online retailers either. On the occasions I have used it, I have gotten it from a lhbs near work that has an absolutely insane selection of grains, including lots of imports. I think that it is distributed by BSG, though, so really any shop that goes through them can probably order it. (Maybe they just don't keep it in regular stock because it isn't a quick mover?). At any rate, you could probably get away with a different melanoiden malt of the same lovibond if you can't get your hands on the Chateau. The figs and the yeast are meant to be the big stars here. I would make the effort to get the Barke pils malt, though. That stuff is incredible. Let me know if you happen to brew it -- that would be an honor!

Back