Seven Habits of Highly Effective Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahave

Reaction score
So, for those of you that have been forced to take the seven habits course, I bring you this: the drinking stick tap handle.

ForumRunner_20110721_210215.jpg

All those BS miracle programs just about ruined my old company (and encouraged their REALLY productive and innovative employees to leave)

Didn't know about the programs but I am currently reading the book "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Not sure the animosity towards it

Didn't know about the programs but I am currently reading the book "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People". Not sure the animosity towards it

Just like any behavioral modification book. Only works if you actually DO IT. They make a crap ton of money telling people what they already know.

Effectiveness and leadership isn't rocket science people. You either got it, or you don't. Sure, you can hone existing skills, etc..., but no one that is a slacker with no leadership talent will ever be effective. One of the biggest things I learned in my M.B.A.

Sorry, off my soap box. But I have had to read too many of these books to realize that they are effective, but not a miracle tool.

You don't have to blow away your competition. You just have to be a little better. Similar to the old adage, you don't have to outrun the bear, just the other guy. :)

Just like any behavioral modification book. Only works if you actually DO IT. They make a crap ton of money telling people what they already know.

Effectiveness and leadership isn't rocket science people. You either got it, or you don't. Sure, you can hone existing skills, etc..., but no one that is a slacker with no leadership talent will ever be effective. One of the biggest things I learned in my M.B.A.

Sorry, off my soap box. But I have had to read too many of these books to realize that they are effective, but not a miracle tool.

I would have to disagree, leadership can be learned but it does not mean it will come easy or quickly. Also if people "already knew" then they would not go out searching for answers, just sayin.

I can dig where he's comin from. I wound up coordinator at Ford (team concept version of line foreman) for 13 of my not quite remaining 14 years at Ford. They said I didn't need the leadership training,& I did run good numbers for them (good to high production counts). He's right mostly. Some have natural talent,others can be taught. But I think the natural has a leg up in this instance.

Latest posts

Back