Setting up my first keg (Question)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happydad1689

Reaction score
I am totally pumped. I am setting up my kegs and when I hook up my gas to the keg it sounds as if my regulator is whining, very quiet but stops when I disconnect the gas from the keg.

I have sprayed the fittings with soap and do not see any leaks. There is a plastic washer that I am not sure if I would use between the tank and the regulator or between the regulator and the hose going t the keg.

One small thing that may help diagnose if this is a leak is, going from the regulator to the keg is a threaded coupling. I can't get a barbed adaptor till Tuesday, so I tapped it up and clamped the hose on it. It is not showing any leaks......any thoughts?

The plastic washer goes between the tank ang gauge, the noise you hear should stop once the gauge is full of co2 if not then you have a leak. Spray everything down with a mixture of star San and water if there's a leak you will be able to see it bubbling.

Back