Serving the Service Clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchbrew

Reaction score
Good day all!

The last couple months I have been going around to my local service clubs (Kiwanis, Rotary, Lions, etc) and doing a presentation and tasting of beers. It is usually just a half an hour presentation (I know not nearly enough time) about the brewing process and beer styles.

It has been an amazing experience, and have made a lot of good friends and followers. The work that these clubs do for their communities is outstanding, so I wanted to say thank you for all of their great work.

If you have service clubs in your area check them out, share some knowledge, spread the good word of the wort, and bless all of those that convert to better beer choices.

Happy brewing and merry drinking.

-Andrew C.
HatchBrew

Good job!! What a great way to convert people to homebrewing and craft beer in general!!

I was so totally bummed that our last Rotary cookout was at an alcohol free zone... hopefully next time I can bring a keg.

Just curious, how did you talk about making beer without hauling a bunch of equipment for show and tell?

In retrospect, that's what I (should have) thought... damn. now I might have to figure out how to actually use powerpoint. and av equipment.

I covered the brewing process and ingredients and how those factor into the different samples of beer that I brought (IPA, Dubbel, Wheat). I am getting ready to do it again for some different clubs, and am working on a follow-up for the places I've been to.

Back