Service problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marchio-93

Reaction score
Hello, I have carbonated beer in keg for about a week, today I tried to spin it with a picnic tap, with 5 psi pressure and only foam came out! The beer was completely degassed. Where am I wrong?

We will need some more information. How long is your beer lines? What is the ID of your beer lines? What is the temperature of the beer cooler? 5 psi is not enough pressure for dispensing most beers so if it is foaming even at that extremely low psi setting. I am betting your lines are too short or your drinking glass too warm.

Carbed with spunding valve, at 26 psi at 19°C
Inside diameter of 1cm
How can I solve? Maybe an higher temperature?

holy jesus....windows calc tells me 1cm is damn near 1/2".....11" long of 1/2" ID tubing is not going to work....

i don't know much about spunding....but 26 psi, 1/2" ID tubing, and only 11" long strikes me as a problem.......

you need something more like 4mm ID...and about say what 8 feet of it.....colder is better....

holy jesus....windows calc tells me 1cm is damn near 1/2".....11" long of 1/2" ID tubing is not going to work....

i don't know much about spunding....but 26 psi, 1/2" ID tubing, and only 11" long strikes me as a problem.......

you need something more like 4mm ID...and about say what 8 feet of it.....colder is better....
Sorry, I was wrong:
ID is 5mm
The tube is long 50 cm! (19.6 inch)

I have this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-150316.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-150316.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 9
somebody else will have to explain to both of us why they even sell those....

that's what my first keg kit came with also, and until i read forums like these i always poured foam too, had to drop pressure like a noob....then i found out i needed to have a LOT of extra length....and keep it cold too....

edit: if by spin your keg you mean party, look into things called "jockey boxs"

Latest posts

Back