Series of Brew Recipes Based on Dexter. Ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OppR2nist

Reaction score
So I'm trying to put recipes together, and I decided it might be fun to try a theme, and since I just finished watching Dexter, why the hell not?

Now, I know what you're thinking, and no, I'm not going to brew something that has a bitter and disappointing finish. Thinking about staying true to the show, even if the writers couldn't manage it.

Here's my first idea:
"Dark Passenger" - A Belgian Strong Dark Ale

Some other concepts that I think would work:
"Slice of Life" - Something made for drinking in the back of a pleasure boat
"Ice Truck Lager"
"Trinity Killer Tripel"
"The Code" - No idea here
"Cerveza Miguel Prado"
Others

So I come here, to see what ideas people might have, and what styles/ingredients might appear in this set. What do we think?

If you spill any you should use red string to show the trajectory and point of origin of each drop of spilt beer, and then photograph the crime scene.

I think dark passenger would be a good black and tan drink...kind of goes well with the show

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Maybe a blood orange wheat... that actually sounds really good, might be next on my list.

I was thinking about that for like a breakfast ale.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Home Brew mobile app

That sounds quite yummy.

Bit of an obscure reference but a "Key Lime Wheat" might be good.

Or a "Doakes' SUPRISE MUTHA****AH" ale

Anything extremely strong to help you forget about that train wreck of a final season.

For real suggestions, how about a Kill Room Kolsch or a Lila related chili beer?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Home Brew mobile app

Doakes' SURPRISE, MF! Black IPA? (not a racist thing, just something dark and bitter)

I really need to find an orange pomegranate ale recipe now.

That one is really clever.

Back