Sending beer back home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sort of on a beer-vacation and have quite a few momentos to bring back. I might be able to back it all up and check it at the airport (fit all in my backpack that I used as a carry on originally. Not sure how close to 50#s it might be. Or I have a UPS store that's close and I could ship it to myself.

So far it's all cans. What would be the best way to get it back home?

personally, I'd ship it. I hate dealing with bags at the airport. I think there's a sticky in the general beer discussion page about how to ship beer.

I've seen the sticky but I'm a little nervous because it is so close to me leaving.
No one has had "issues" walking into a UPS store with a crap load of beer?
I think I would just feel "dirty".

If flying international, many airlines and countries have a 1L per passenger alcohol limit. Check with your airline and destination country.

I've mailed beer a few times. I just seal each beer really well and pad the inside of the box(es) in case anything explodes. The key is to just make sure it wont leak through the box. It's worth it.
No need to feel dirty. Nothing a few beers wont fix! :tank:

Back