Seen this mini keg tap before?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smagic14

Reaction score
Got this off of eBay for $12, seems to be pretty old judging by the box but I found co2 cartridges that work in it (8 oz) but the only problem is once the cartridge is inserted all co2 goes into the keg. Any one seen this before?

Is there a way to regulate it or does it all come out at once?

Thanks

Sent from my two thumbs

1395249966387.jpg

1395250004651.jpg

1395250017736.jpg

1395250101596.jpg

I poured a beer from one of these last night for the first time. I actually work at the company that made these, although 30 + years before my time. There is a regulator built into the base of the metal handle. This supplies a constant 10-12 psig. You need to have the handle installed on a keg before putting the CO2 in. When you tip the handle, there is a rotary valve that lets the beer out.

Take a look at patent 3327899 for some pretty detailed info. From the pictures you are missing the rubber bung that seals between the handle and the top of the keg and the metal dip tube. These do work well on the non-Heineken type 5 liter kegs. Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers.

Back