seeking advice/blending batches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickman6

Reaction score
Hi all, I have brewed 20 gallons of hefeweizen, split between 4 carboys. All the same yeast, same fermentation temp, and were mashed as two 10 gallon batches.

Had to split the boils, so I did 2 boils for each mash.

This beer is about to be bottled and I will be flavoring with strawberry beer flavoring.

I'll be handing out these at my wedding and would like them to be as identical as I can.

So on to my question. Should I just rack all 4 carboys into one vessel, prime and flavor, then bottle?

If so, is a Rubbermaid tote ok to use? It's the only thing I have big enough to hold all that delicious brew.

Any other suggestions?

All four were the same og, 1.054. Fermented side by side. The only difference might be pitching rate, as I eyeballed the split of yeast.

Thanks for the input!

All I can say is whoever is gonna help you bottle this stuff must be really cool. I'd also like to add that this person(s) should receive many a beer from you over the course of his/her friendship with you. They certainly deserve it.

Now for your original question...GET BACK TO WORT AND JUST GET THAT STUFF BOTTLED!!!!

I wouldn't use a Rubbermaid tote / bin to bottle with. Use a bottling bucket and prime each batch as you go. Go easy on that strawberry flavor as it might just overpower beer.

Good luck.

I wouldn't use a Rubbermaid tote / bin to bottle with. Use a bottling bucket and prime each batch as you go. Go easy on that strawberry flavor as it might just overpower beer.

Good luck.

I have made this beer, flavored and all before and you are exactly right. It takes very little to get my desired effect.

Back