secondary temp question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk420

Reaction score
i have a tripel ipa going it's my 2nd brew. The fermentation temp say 65-85 i have it at 80. I'm kegging it. I let it set for 2 weeks then transfered to my secondary (a better bottle) I think i could have just racked it to my keg and used that but my question is. Can i just put it in my keg and put the lid on it. Do i need to add gas. Does it need to be in the fridg. Also it's needs to age for a month. Should it age at the same temp as fermentation 80 degree. This is why i didn't keg it right away I was sure if putting it in the fridg after fermentation would mess up the aging process. thanks

The Secondary is just to help clear the beer up before bottling or kegging, you can if you want just leave it in the Primary for 3-4 weeks instead and then go straight to the keg, the only thing is to be careful when transfering to keg that you dont suck up the sediment.

Seeing as its in the secondary already just leave it there another 2 weeks, then keg it. If you want to age it in the keg you don't need to fridge it, or add Co2 to it.

If you want it to be carbed up you'd be wanting to add some priming suger or gas though, and if you are force carbing then yeah, stick it in the fridge.

Back