Secondary Pressure Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esp

Reaction score
So I have the choice of two 4 way secondary gauges.

The first is the Taprite CGR284-PT 4 way. In the past couple weeks, I've had 2 Taprite gauges screwed up. The first didn't read the pressure accurately and the dial didn't rise past 40 PSI. The second is the first version of the above 4 way that was sent to me. The paper pieces in the dial are bent and one of the needles is bent. Though that could be someone trying to pass off a used damaged product as new.

The second is the Kegco LHU5S-4 Elite Series Four Product Secondary Regulator. It looks good. It's nice and shiny and has manual pressure relief valves on it. The cost is similar to the Taprite. I have heard that some Kegco products aren't great, but all of those were from a few years ago.

Anyone have thoughts or experience you wouldn't mind sharing?

Also interested on this one. It "looks" well built from the outside. I've linked the website. The levers look better than their other ones, but not as good as taprite. However their nobs look better and the edging outside shell of the regulator gauge seems to provide extra impact absorbance, I've seen a lot of cracked covers on those. Things like that makes me wonder if they put more into improving the design as a whole.
https://www.kegco.com/draft-beer-equipment/regulators-gas-equipment/lhu5s-4/

I have the Kegco YH - 76S - 4. It's nice and works well. It is bigger then I thought . 3 kegs and this barely fit in my kegerator.

I have the Taprite offering. I've had it since January 2017. It's worked fine for me.

newkeezer6.jpg

Nice set up mongoose! I wanted to have my secondary attached to the outside but was too afraid to drill holes in my kegerator. Keezer with a collar makes it easy .

Latest posts

Back