Searching for suitable fridge.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenmyfam

Reaction score
Greetings to All.
Looking for a fridge to convert for whatever size keg will fit into it for under my bar. Space I have available is as follows. 28.5" height X 22" front to back X pretty much unlimited width as I can alter this dimension easily.
Any and all suggestions and ideas will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.

WOW that is tight...my only idea is to source a mine fridge that will fit the space installed sideways under the counter, then make a foam box extension that abuts the mini fridge to store kegs...the original minifridge could be used for bottle storage. Search around i have seen it done on here...

http://hbd.org/discus/messages/366/29083.html

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f9/building-fermentation-chamber-34771/

Thanks for the info. I have been toying with the sideways mini fridge with the door off thing already but worried that a mini fridge will have enough "woomph" to cool that space efficiently. Nothing worse than warm beer !!! If I can't find anything suitable I will go in this direction and see.

Sounds like you are going to be limited to shorty 1/4 bbl's... there is no way a 24" tall keg is going to fit in a store-bought mini fridge. Your only hope (for a tall kegs or corny's) is to custom make one yourself by cannibalizing as mentioned.

Sounds like you are going to be limited to shorty 1/4 bbl's... there is no way a 24" tall keg is going to fit in a store-bought mini fridge. Your only hope (for a tall kegs or corny's) is to custom make one yourself by cannibalizing as mentioned.

OK Thanks for that. Going to do a little research on shorty 1/4 bbl's as I am pretty new to this. Currently making my beer at a brew club and bottling. That will change as soon as my bar build is complete.

Back