Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGVT

Reaction score
I was talking to a neighbor the other day. He sold his house and said that he had, as he called it, an old beer cooler on his back deck that he needed to get rid of and I could have it if I wanted it. I went over and checked it out today and this is what I found.

I took it home and plugged it in and it held a steady 38*.

I have a friend that is an AC+R guy, he is going to come take a look at it an recharge it. Being a Perlick commercial unit, it will be pretty easy to tune up and replace any parts that it might need.

It is in pretty good shape overall and should clean up nicely. I'n not sure what I am going to do with it. I already have a Keezer, a ferm chamber and a beer fridge, but it was too good to pass up.

I may put it on the deck an fill it with beer!:rockin:

Started to take it apart and clean it up today. It going to need some seals and I had to order a new condenser motor, but over all it is in pretty good shape.

Man, this thing would make a hell of a coffin keezer.

Nice! Even if it didn't run, there's a lot of stainless steel there you could scrap.

It cost me 10 bucks to rent a dolly to move it across the street. I told my wife if it was beyond repair the worst that would happen was that I would haul it out to the curb on trash day and it would be gone before the trash guys came.(She has been surprisingly supportive about the whole thing)

The condenser fan had a little wobble so I decided to replace it and one of the sliding doors should be replaced but they run about $150 so I'm going to hold off for a while before I get an new one.

Some weather stripping form Home Depot, a little Ospho and some polish and it'll be good to go.

I got it pretty much finished up. I had to fix one of the doors and add some weather stripping, replace the condenser fan motor, seal up a wire run, remove the rust and clean and polish it up. It holds a steady 35 degrees and is whisper quiet. I'm pretty happy with it...

65307_10200889152623142_615552539_n.jpg

Back