Sanyo 4912 temperature settings defined

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

italynstallyn44

Reaction score
First off I will admit I found this post on another site, but found it very helpful so I wanted to post it here. I was looking for something similar to this on this forum but couldn't find it, so here you go:

Quote: Alright i am a dork and took the time to find out what actual temperature the fridge produces at each dial setting.

DIAL LOW HIGH AVERAGE RANGE
MIN 39.7 41.0 40.35 1.3
1 39.6 40.6 40.10 1.0
2 38.8 40.1 39.45 1.3
3 38.3 39.7 39.00 1.4
4 37.6 38.9 38.25 1.3
5 32.7 37.4 35.05 4.7
MAX 2.7 2.8 2.75 0.1

I used the remote sensor of my weather station. I put the sensor inside the fridge on the bottom of the fridge below the shelf. It has the ability to track the MIN and MAX temperatures. I would change the setting allow it to settle for a couple hours, and clear the previous MIN and MAX readings. I would let it sit overnight or while at work during the day and record and do the next setting. All temps are F.

I checked it twice over 2 days. I started from Min and worked my way to Max. Then i put it back on 3 and when it repeated then i double checked 5 and it repeated within 0.1F. I am very sure that is the case. I would even let it cycle for a few hours to reach steady state before i reset the weather station. Then it would cycle like normal for at least 6-8 hours before i would check the weather station for the new Min Max temps in the fridge. The averages are what are important. The thermal mass of whatever is in there will not fluctuate the entire range of the fridge. BTW the fridge is brand new, nothing in it and the sensor was placed on the bottom of the fridge at a 45 degree angle leaning against the rear shelf.

I did not understand why there was such a spread "range" on #5, but that is the real deal. I think that maybe the higher temps are easier to maintain and reach setpoint, and the fridge cycles a shorter time. The remote sensor does not respond as fast as the fridge is cycling so the range is tight. On #5 it takes longer to reach the setpoint and the thermostat is capturing more of the actual range. Then once you get to the MAX setting the fridge stays on constantly making it a freezer.

Thanks for the post.
I messed with your table and hope this helps.

Sanyo Temp Chart.jpg

Back