sanke dispensing issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmoldow

Reaction score
just picked up a sanke from total wine and hooked up to the kegerator. very slow pour, like dripping out of the faucet. 10 feet 3/16 id line at 10 psi. first time using these lines so no clog is present. anyone having any ideas?

Are you sure you have the sankey coupler enganged fully? What type of coupler is it? Posting a pic would likely help us troubleshoot.

Gas is on, I twisted it down clockwise until it locks, on the keg I have its only 1/4 turn and engaged the handle. its a D coupler from more beer. i removed it to take to lhbs to see if its defective. I hooked up ball lock kegs to the faucets to see if it was the issue and they pushed cleaner fine. So its either the coupler or possibly something wrong with the keg?

dmoldow said:
Gas is on, I twisted it down clockwise until it locks, on the keg I have its only 1/4 turn and engaged the handle. its a D coupler from more beer. i removed it to take to lhbs to see if its defective. I hooked up ball lock kegs to the faucets to see if it was the issue and they pushed cleaner fine. So its either the coupler or possibly something wrong with the keg?

So your coupler looks like this? And you pulled the handle out, and then pushed it down until it locked in place? And you're 100% sure it's a type D keg and not a type S?

image-1299658518.jpg

Yep looks like that. Ordered it from morebeer and it's a D style. I made sure the gasket was in place and used the tail piece kit they sell too. I made sure the lever was locked down too. I might call total wine and ask them about it.

http://www.kegworks.com/company/keg-coupler-list

You should be able to find the keg type using that list. If it was a type D keg it should have felt like you we're pushing against a very strong spring as soon as you started pushing the handle down. If it was a type S, there wouldn't have been much resistance until it was almost all the way down.

Went to the lhbs and picked up another D sanke coupling and hooked it up and works fine. Going to be returning the other to morebeer, never had issues with anything from them so far so I will let it slide.

Thanks for the feedback

Sounds like the coupler was slushed up you won't see it till you take the beer line off--
mine does it all the time if you aren't using it-if weather is in the 70's it will do it in 24hr time frame

Latest posts

Back