San Diego Birthday Adventure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_d_

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm planning a tour through san diego (del mar) area with a group of about 20.
We will have a driver, and be adventure-ing for around 4 hours.

There are a LOT of options and I'm hoping you folks have some guidance on the best places to explore.

Based on a quick check, it looks the best place to start is white labs.
I definitely want to hit alesmith too...

There are so many good breweries i'm overwhelmed!

Any Ideas?

Well if you are going to be down there, you have a ton of options.
White labs (miramar)
Alesmith a must (Miramar)
Mike Hess Brewing (Miramar)
Societe (Kearny Mesa) - very close and a must
St. Archer (Miramar)

That should easily occupy 4 hours. I have been to all of them but St. Archer. Societe and Alesmith are my favorites down there. If you want to drive more you could consider Modern Times in the Midway area.

See this list at Westcoaster for all of the breweries currently operating in the San Diego area. http://www.westcoastersd.com/sd-brewing-industry-watch/
Too bad it is way off from where you are at, but Rip Current Brewing up in San Marcos is awesome. There are also a ton of other North County places worth checking out. Have fun

yeah, I would hit Green Flash or even Ballast Point over St. Archer. However, all of those listed in my first post are really close together so you can hit a bunch of spots in the 4 hours you have. I would personally go to

White labs
Alesmith
Societe
Mike Hess
Modern Times
Green Flash
Ballast Point

of course there really is no way to hit all of those in 4 hours. You would have to only spend 20 minutes or so in each. Hit the top four and plan to come back and hit some others next time.

Back