Salsa Rojo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czmkid

Reaction score
Salsa rojo...

Well the green tomatillo sauce is gone so time for the red version. Big jar is mild with a small piece of scorpion pepper. Small jar has the rest of it and is smmmmjoking hot. The recipe is very similar to the last one and came, again, from my friend Blanca.

10 tomatillos roasted
10 guajillo peppers seeded and rehydrated in boiling water for 10 min
3-4 pieces of garlic roasted
Bigger slice of onion roasted
Salt
Oregano

I enjoy growing super hot peppers almost as much as brewing beer :)

Trinidad scorpion

It looks great! We have trouble growing peppers here (short growing season) but I am babying some ghost peppers and hoping for at least a few.

The salsa looks wonderful.

My son was trying to grow more hot peppers for an IIPA we were gonna brew together. But his ghost peppers aren't making it...maybe some reapers & scorpions? He might be out for a batch this year...next year he says. I need some of the peppers mentioned for a 5 gallon batch. Won't need too many though.
I make a garden-fresh salsa/pico myself with tomatoes, sweet onion, garlic, banana peppers & bell pepper. Didn't have any fresh cayenne, so I used flakes with some seasoning.

Latest posts

Back