Sad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr impatient

Reaction score
I only use fresh fruit, I get about 4 demijohns of apple wine and two of rosehip. I do have a small but compact fruit garden and since starting to make wine all of a sudden everyone likes fruit, we got the children potty trained with raspberries, "use the potty and you can have another raspberry", and we planted a friut hedge between us and the neighbour.

Over the past 10 years the children no longer need anything to go to the loo, so we have eaten loads of fruit pies and fruity salads but I have been told off as pastry is fattening, I look at a pork pie and I have put on 50lb already, but all this said untill the year before last no one wanted the fruit, untill I did for wine.

Now I have to almost fight for it, we have an apple tree with red flesh right through the apple, they are wonderful eaters and I know they would make some nice looking rose wine, but I have been told I can't have them because they are for the fruit bowl. Raspberries and loganberries are in stealth mode this year, I have sucreeted a bag in the bottom of the freezer under the ice and hidden away into which goes all the friut I can pick in one day, not much, about 1/4 of a punnet but over the next few weeks I recon I should have about 3 kilo which will make one gallon of wine at least. I made one a year or two ago but drank it all within a week so my missus is on a hide the fruuit from the acoholic in waiting kick at the moment.

I say "Wine is for making and drinking" she says "Noah said that and look at the trouble he got into" so I come back with "Jesus turned 35 gallons of water into wine" she just says "It a good job you weren't there then", hence the thread title, sad. Not because I wasn't there when 35 gallons of water became wine, but because I have to hide my fruit away.

There is one good thing though, this year a fella from out housing estate's dad died (I know that sounds horrid, bear with me) a few years ago and when he was cleaning out the garage he found lots of demijohns of wine dating back to 1998 and I have one of 'red rhubarb' from 2005, I already bottled a sloe wine from 1999 and its like cream sherry, lol the hydromiter sank to the top of the paper so I couldn't read it, but the tase nearly knocks yer block off, lovely stuff.

Northumberland?

If so, tell the missus that it is a matter of your heritage; pork pies, fruit wines, ciders too, perhaps. Explain that it's up to you to keep the traditions alive.

Northumberland?

If so, tell the missus that it is a matter of your heritage; pork pies, fruit wines, ciders too, perhaps. Explain that it's up to you to keep the traditions alive.
Northumberland is close enough, lol.

If only wifes were as simple as that, she wouldn't believe me if I told her that :no: and as far as keeping traditions alive, Ill go the other way and start the beggars so this one sounds good, tradition states that;
"all fruit from every garden is for the use of procesing only, not eating fresh.
At the minimum it needs cooking with the exception of strawberries placed in strategic places on the naked body of someone who is willing to be used as a dish (see you have to get some brownie points some how lol)".

I suppose I could push a point and say that new wine, eg the first glass full from the first bottle of the first batch must be drunk from the belly button of said human dish but I recon this could be pushing a point to far there.

Thanks for the ideas, and no you can't do the washing up, that's my second helping lol.

LOL! A lot of people don't really know (or want to comprehend) that part of the Noah story...

Hi fella, no they don't, and usually wonder why he didn't get into trouble for getting that out of it.

But it's no preaching or reliious stuff on here so as I want to stay a mamber (because this forum has already sorted out two brewing problems for me) I have to be careful as its a big part of my life, probably the biggest. And yes I was a little crude with that last post so if I offended anyone I am sorry, if your married then know that the narrage bed is undefiled, have fun.

Back