Rusty brewer from New Mexico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mascrappo

Reaction score
Hi, just found the forum. I brewed many extract kits back in the mid 1990's into 2001, when at that time my son was born. Nothing since then... I did keep all my equipment and have recently decided to get back into it. So much has changed! Equipment has improved, extract kits have now become "no boil", and so many yeasts. I still plan to do extract kits and have ordered one each from Austin Homebrew and Texas Brewing, along with some new brew equipment goodies. Wish me luck!:)

Welcome to the group, from Minnesota!

Real life interrupts pastimes--family first--but you can always pick up brewing where you left off. As you have found out, the state of brewing has improved vastly in recent years. You'll be making some great brews soon! We're here to help if you need it. Keep us posted on what you're doing.

Welcome back, be sure to check out southwest grape and grain if you are in the abq area they are awesome. [emoji482]

It is a leap of faith. Now the internet is so full of info/ingredients/parts I am overwhelmed. Wife and I used to make some strong stuff, without trying, back in the day. I always knew I wanted to brew again and could not bring myself to get rid of our equipment. Hard to believe it's all been in the shed almost 20 years now...man does time fly!

Sadly I am not close to any brew supply stores as they have all long closed down. So, I will stick to Austin Homebrew as they seem to have what I need, reasonably priced, and are closest to me.

I will stick to extract kits for the first couple and may migrate to the real grain type in the future. Thanks for the support!

Back