"Rustic" Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goingcamping

Reaction score
Hey all...

Thought I share my keezer build from what I pilfered off of yawl!

I had a Haier 5.0cuft freezer just sitting opened and unplugged in the basement...I do a lot of smoking as I have 2 smokers (one very large commercial style one and a smaller converted SS hospital cart smoker)...I needed a place to store my vacuum packed goodies, but have been to busy to really keep it full.

I've always wanted beer on tap at home...I haven't home brewed in a few years...that's phase II.

Based on dimensions I could fit 5/10# CO2 tank and 2 Cornelius style kegs.

I ordered:
1 Kegco 542-2 - Premium Pro Series Double Gauge Kegerator Regulator
2 Kegco SHANK4 - 4-1/8" Long Shank with Nipple Assembly - 3/16"
2 Kegco 493K-CFBL - Beer Faucet with Brass Lever
2 Krome C608 - 6" Stainless Steel Wall Mount No Drain
2 Sets Ball Lock Home Brew Keg Tap
2 CMB 40 27-1100-77 - Ball Lock 1/4" MFL Becker Home Brew Keg Tap
2 CMB 40 27-1102-99 - Ball Lock 1/4" Barb Home Brew Keg Tap
1 Kegco TC-321 Digital Thermostat Power Control Unit

I started scheming and planning...I thought if going all fancy and matching to our kitchen, but that was not in the budget...so here are the results!

I used 1 x 4 dog eared cedar fence slats for the rustic look I was wanting and used Douglas Fir for the 2 x 6 spacer (the term used escapes me?) and 2 x 1 for the horizontal slats. I used liquid nails and screws into very strategic locations to avoid hitting any cooling coils and there's about 1" around the freezer body for cooling. I made 3/4 x 2 aluminum braces and liquid nails to adhere the spacer.

All in all took about 3 hours to complete. I still need my CO2 tanks and to get the kegs filled and finish plumbing, so Monday evening I should have it filled and ready to serve!
Cheers,

~Brett~

Very nice. You have given me something else to think about, as I try to figure out how to do mine.

Latest posts

Back