Russian Imperial Partigyle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicktolearn

Reaction score
I am planning a partigyle for Saturday and my big beer will be an imperial stout. Here is the recipe on Beersmith http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/313327?&doid=5297ae622dfe6 I will be mashing at 150 to get more fermentable sugars for the big beer. I may raise that temp for the small beer. It will be a 1/3 2/3 split, with estimated OG of 1.1 for the first five gallons in a batch sparge. The next ten gallons will be after another mash with a cap depending on what my small beer will be. Because of the size of my mash tun, it will be a continuous sparge. Estimated OG for the small beer is 1.05. I'm thinking about a dry stout for the small beer, but would like something a bit more exciting. What would you do for the small beer, and what/how much for the specialty grains for the cap? This will be my first partigyle, so any hints, suggestions, or corrections to my recipe are welcome.

oneandahalfshepherds said:
I did a no cap milk stout that was awesome out of my RIS

That does sound good. I'm brewing a RIS today and was planning at low efficiency knowing I'll cut off my runnings earlier than usual to achieve a high OG. Guess I'll be picking up some lactose this morning now.

Back