Rubystreet Brewing Systems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulletmoore

Reaction score
I recently bought the Mega Ruby from Ruby street brewing co. I have to say this system is extremely well manufactured and tough as nails. It's well designed and compact. I also bought the "domino shelf" which I use for my Blichmann tower-of-power stand. I drilled 4 holes into it and am able to basically screw the tower of power onto the shelf. It works perfectly! It's far enough away from the burners to keep it cool and it's conveniently located to connect the spark wire and temp probe wire. I can also disconnect the whole shelf, with the tower-of-power screwed on, and store it safely when I need to put the system in "vertical storage mode".

I think you could probably build a "do-it-yourself" control module and use this domino shelf in a similar fashion. The point being, its a perfect spot to hang a automatic control unit for your MLT and HLT. I could easily screw down 2 control units if I want to upgrade at some point in the future.

Image.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

Looks great! I have been eyeballing the ruby street brew stands for awhile, might have to start saving up for one!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm really liking this Ruby Street system so far. You can see also where I put my Blichmann terminator (behind boil kettle on the very right). They make brackets for it to mount just about anywhere.

IMG_0545.jpg

This is the angle I'm thinking about going also. Do you have more pics? Did you buy the entire setup including the pots?

So the "mega ruby" has 30 gal kettles. I primarily brew 5 gal batches, but would like to do more 10 gal batches in the future.

Does brewing 5 gals batches with such large kettles present any problems? It seems that being prepared to go bigger would be better than ordering a system that is to small for future growth.

I was looking at the Alpha Ruby system for over a year. It was the perfect design for my setup (15-25G batches) and I really wanted a one-tier system. I finally got to see it in person at NHC and fell in love. However the price tag was fairly high! I met a guy in my HBC that has a machine shop and all the equipment to weld, cut steel, etc. He welded me this stand at cost, which was roughly $400 including the second pump and all the gas plumping I bought. It is not "powder coated" and my high-temp grill spraypaint is already coming off after a few brewdays but I couldn't be happier :)

2015-09-20 14.56.04.jpg

2015-09-20 14.56.49.jpg

2015-09-20 14.56.39.jpg

2015-09-20 14.57.10.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

I just brewed on a ruby street stand on Friday at the Factotum brewery for the first time. It was great, nice high power burners, super sturdy, definately a high quality stand.

Back