Roxton Garage/Brewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More progress to report. The control panel is now mounted to the table!

The pipe grommet (McMaster-Carr for $1.67) makes for a clean installation.
mount1.jpg

I've got a VERY similar / identical table for my brewery and I've been afraid to drill the thing because it's just too pretty but the pipe grommet solution still looks great and would really help me out.

any chance you can post the part number?
Did you use a "press fit" or "snap-in" pipe grommet?

Is this also what you used for the holes for the temp probes?

Adam

Here's a link to the grommet page. I used the snap-in grommets. They have many sizes available. Just pick the size you need. The temp probe grommets were snap-in too. Just smaller. McMaster only keeps two years of order history on their website so I don't know exactly what size I ordered. Just look at the ID (inside diameter) column and pick a grommet that will work for what you will be passing through the table. Then use a bi-metal hole saw (you can get them at Home Depot or Lowe's) that matches the size listed in the "Panel Hole Diameter" column and you're in business. Be sure you get a metal hole saw. They make hole saws for wood only. If you use a wood only hole saw, you'll have a bad time.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#pipe-sealing-grommets/=qfroq6

-Casey

Latest posts

Back