Root beer on a stout faucet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveman0

Reaction score
I'm currently working on the plans for my keezer build and want to allocate a faucet for root beer. I've seen some talk of using a stout faucet for this and really like the idea of a nitro head on a root beer. Does anyone have experience with this the say whether this works in practice or not?

If so, what considerations are there for the setup? Obviously the faucet is one and I'm trying to decide before putting in the extra money for the faucet vs. a standard one. Would I still carb to standard root beer volumes (30-35 psi CO2)? Serve on beer gas at the same pressure as beer? Would this setup still require the extended serving line or would the restrictor plate be enough to control the foaming?

I have recently used Nitrobrew on my root beer and it works out great. You can basically "nitro" any liquid... haha. They also make a setup for an inline as well.

Not super cheap, but worth it if you're going to use it. I plan on using it in our breweries tasting room on occasion.

Link >> https://nitrobrew.com/

Interesting. A fair bit on top of what I was already planning to spend for a standard nitrogen setup for stouts. Does this lend any additional flexibility beyond direct pushing with beer gas through a stout faucet? Or is this just an alternate way of doing the same thing?

Basically, would it enable higher CO2 concentrations than a standard dispense system with stout faucet would allow?

Back