Roatan Brewery Lottery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenais

Reaction score
Check this out, think its legit? Google will take you to his site. Looks like he couldn't sell his brewery in Honduras so he is selling lotto tickets to win it. I'd consider buying one but he has a non-refundable fee of $50 if he doesn't sell all the tickets. I checked him out and there are reports he doesn't like americans and that he has been strong armed by the established brewery. I'm heading to Roatan in 2 weeks and I'll probably stop over there if I can confirm he has anything on tap.

PRICE DESCRIPTION.
This is a one time in a lifetime fabulous opportunity to win in a lottery a prime property on green lush island in Central America. The 4 acres property consists of magnificent formidable stone building structured in a style of medieval fortress that is towering over one of the island's highland areas. The building itself is robust solid construction containing full-in ground basement. Among usual amenities there is trim commodious apartment in the tower on the upper floor. The whole property is situated on the plateau of the island and futures breathtaking views of almost the entire island.

Before you just drop in I suggest you review some of the posts about this brewery. Apparently he is rabidly anti-American.

I saw that, would make for a memorable trip for sure. I’ve worked in the southern USA and they thought my accent was Canadian, got that going for me.

I have a few friends who live on Roatan. I will drop them an email and see what they think.

I'm OK with a bit eccentric (most of us ex-pats who live in this part of the world are), but I would prefer not to get shot over a beer.

gofastpilot said:
Well did you check out the brewery? Is it an operating brewery?

I didn't check it out. I asked around and apparently he's had some issues and is now only making soda. I don't think that island is ready for a micro brewery.

There's a ton of red flags here so I wouldn't want to put any money in this. I may have missed the answers somewhere, but this is what I see.
1. OP has to ask if it's legit. I'm guessing he passed on it.
2. The official rules have a ton of typos. I realize that English isn't his first language, but then he should get someone who knows how to spell.
3. How do we know how many tickets have been sold? He could just say, "Oh well. We didn't sell all the tickets. Thanks for the $50". Why $50? It says the homepage of the website will say how many have been sold, but I don't see anything there.
4. His email is a yahoo account.
5. The value of the land is $1.65 million dollars. Says who? If he sells all $5,000 tickets at $250 then that makes $1.25 million. Why couldn't he sell it and has to resort to a lottery?
6. OP says he has had some issues and only makes soda.

There's more, but I gotta go.

What a coincidence! I have a brewery for sale in Afganistan!

State of the art facility (a roof AND plumbing) on a mountaintop overlooking a beautiful mine field. The previous owner died of natural causes (beheading) and me and my mercenary detail usurped the premesis. It is worth approximately $3,200,000 million Afgani ($450.00 US), BUT through this special offer, we will be selling it by lottery. Just send your address and a picture of your family along with $20.00 to me immediately.

Every $20.00 lottery entry will also get a slap-chop as part of this limited time offer. It slices, it dices, it jullians fries! Good luck!

I didn't check it out. I asked around and apparently he's had some issues and is now only making soda. I don't think that island is ready for a micro brewery.

I emailed friends who live on Roatan and they've never heard of the place. Doesn't mean of course it does not exist, but obviously not well advertised.

Latest posts

Back