RO Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpeters

Reaction score
I am going to purchase a RO Faucet and I will have 3/8" lines to the faucet. It looks like most of the RO faucets use 1/4 in and comes with a 3/8 adapter. My question is there any faucets that actually output for 3/8? What I mean is even if I attach a 3/4" line it is still restricted to the 1/4 hole where the water fills the glass. My guess is you would just be getting a higher flow rate (gpm)?

Well, I found one that is for 3/8 in case anyone else runs into wanting 3/8". Almost double the cost of most others but I guess you get what you pay for.
"Avanti Designer Kitchen Bar Sink Reverse Osmosis RO Filtration Drinking Water Faucet for 3/8" supply tube - NSF certified, ceramic disk, lead-free, non-air gap - RF888-06CP Polished Chrome"

As long as the internals of your new faucet are also 3/8" bore (not just the connector) you should get quite a fast pour of water from it. Does your RO system have a pressurized storage tank?

For comparison, a 1/4" pour is what comes out of your fridge, for example, when bypassing the carbon filter.

My 1/4" PE tubing going to the fridge developed a pinhole. It yielded almost a gallon per 10 minutes!
Glad I noticed it coming down into my office, and wasn't away on vacation.

Yes, the RO system will have a 14 gallon RO Pressure tank. I just ordered all the stuff so I have nothing in hand yet to verify anything.

As long as the internals of your new faucet are also 3/8" bore (not just the connector) you should get quite a fast pour of water from it. Does your RO system have a pressurized storage tank?

For comparison, a 1/4" pour is what comes out of your fridge, for example, when bypassing the carbon filter.

My 1/4" PE tubing going to the fridge developed a pinhole. It yielded almost a gallon per 10 minutes!
Glad I noticed it coming down into my office, and wasn't away on vacation.
I contacted the maker of the faucet and the actual output diameter of the faucet is 5/16 so still not the worst and better than the standard 1/4"

Latest posts

Back