RIP Prince

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewerBrad82

Reaction score
Reports have come in that Prince has passed away this morning. It is a very sad day here in Minnesota. RIP

71NSFDLQd7L._SL1073_.jpg

He was one of the first musicians I liked when I first started discovering music as a kid, at that point when you want to listen to something that your parents didn't want to listen to. Between him and Michael Jackson, they ruled the pop world (at least for me) for several years in the early to mid 80s. I was lucky enough to see him in concert in the 90s and it was a fantastic show. He's one hell of a musician I don't think he gets enough credit for that. I'll have to spin some Dirty Mind tonight.....

Very underrated guitar player by most people. I thought his early stuff was great, but started losing interest after "The New Revolution". Still had a great songwriting style.

Just hearing the opening chords to Purple Rain brings back some fond teenage memories. He had some nice slow dance tunes...

Latest posts

Back