RIMS suggestions please.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilfonzo

Reaction score
With the gift getting season approaching I'm trying to figure out what I need to move to RIMS. My current setup includes Keggle, 10g watercooler MLT, and a HLT. I am brewing 10g batches.
What I already know:
-120V
-chugger pump (coming soon)
-I will be able to figure out the fittings and piping
-most likely the brew hardware rims tube for 12" element

what I would like to know is:
-which Auber PID
-which SSR to go with it + heatsink
-which temp probe
-anything else I may need to get the PID working (fuses, ect.)
-which element

what I would like it to do:
-be able to switch to a manual mode for the pump can be used for other things like whirlpooling and cleaning, ect.

I will be able to figure out what fittings and piping I will need, I really just need to know the electrical side. I tried to figure it out on my own, but there seems to be an overwhelming amount of information and endless variations.

With the gift getting season approaching I'm trying to figure out what I need to move to RIMS. My current setup includes Keggle, 10g watercooler MLT, and a HLT. I am brewing 10g batches.
What I already know:
-120V
-chugger pump (coming soon)
-I will be able to figure out the fittings and piping
-most likely the brew hardware rims tube for 12" element

what I would like to know is:
-which Auber PID
-which SSR to go with it + heatsink
-which temp probe
-anything else I may need to get the PID working (fuses, ect.)
-which element

what I would like it to do:
-be able to switch to a manual mode for the pump can be used for other things like whirlpooling and cleaning, ect.

I will be able to figure out what fittings and piping I will need, I really just need to know the electrical side. I tried to figure it out on my own, but there seems to be an overwhelming amount of information and endless variations.

Here is a drawing P-J created for me...sounds like this might help you. PM me if you want me to send you the images.

Auberin-wiring1-SYL-2352-basic2-RIMS.jpg

Back