rigging up fans in my side-by-side

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewjack

Reaction score
I've bought this little 115VAC temp controller (see here), and I want to run a couple of fans to push/pull the air from the freezer side to the fridge side. I've already got one of these controlling the freezer side so I thought this would be simple (and it probably is) but I'm having trouble with it.

It seems like my options are to use track down 110 VAC Fans, and wire them as usual, or a couple 12V DC fans but them I've got to set up an adapter. I'm leaning toward the DC because they are a little cheaper and I think I can salvage the adapter out of an old cell phone charger. (here are the fans I'm thinking about getting.)

I'm pretty crumby when it comes to electricity, so I'm wondering if I have this thought through correctly.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thing,
while I'm figuring this out, I used the little DC far out of my stir plate, hooked up to a radio shack voltage regulator and used it to regulate the temps. It ran for about 2 days and now the fan seems to be fried. Do DC fans burn out really fast? This is the second one that's done this on me.

Latest posts

Back