rice extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonbrew541

Reaction score
has anyone had any luck with rice extract instead of dextrose in there cider??
Im wondering because i would like to lager a batch with a rice extract and dry hop with a lager style hop and have never used rice extract before.

Am I asking this wrong? I'm new to rice but input would be appreciated?!

You might want to direct this over to the gluten free board. I brew gf but have never done ciders. I know that others their have

I feel I'm in the right place for this I'm in cider talking about cider i just would like others to get involved and atleast tell me why they haven't tried rice extract in there hard cider instead of dextrose or any other sugars.... is it the cost, or it just won't work idk anyone?

Really it just isn't as viable as sugar, so I doubt many have used it. It will just ferment out and have a negligible impact on taste.

541, not sure why you would be reluctant to repost, but you really arent talking about a cider, you are talking about a graff.

541, not sure why you would be reluctant to repost, but you really arent talking about a cider, you are talking about a graff.
well if thats the case hbt please add a graft section in the forums and recipes please!!!

has anyone had any luck with rice extract instead of dextrose in there cider??
Im wondering because i would like to lager a batch with a rice extract and dry hop with a lager style hop and have never used rice extract before.

I'm guessing you're talking about something like brown rice syrup? I've never used it, but there's no reason you couldn't use it. Seems like it's pretty much the same as barley malt extract, just from rice. Not sure what sort of flavour (if any) you'll get from it though.
Regards, GF.

Latest posts

Back