Retired home brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LesFCHB

Reaction score
I was just in a thread with another retired home brewer. Got me thinking, how many of us retired home brewers are represented here on HBT? Not necessarily looking for numbers, rather what you're retired from and your style of brewing, i.e. extract, AG, BIAB. I'll start.
Retired 3 years. I've been a respiratory therapist and a professional photographer among others. Been extract brewing about 3 years and like to try BIAB soon.
Les

Well I originally got into home brewing in the early 80's but owning a business and family took too much time and I left it after a few years. I needed a change of occupation around '92, and worked as an IT Manager for the State of Mass until the dreaded 2009 economy reared it's head. To make a long story short they gave me an option of adding 2 hrs to my daily commute or taking early retirement. So I made my way back and split my time as a grand daddy daycare and brewer. Since then I have been brewing all grain with a half barrel electric setup. I like tinkering and lately spend more time building and upgrading my equipment. Got to fit actual brewing in some time. Nice to see there are some "non target demographic" aged brewers around.

Back