results of first two brew attempts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed_

Reaction score
Well despite all my efforts to the contrary my first two brews actually turned out extremely tasty. My Rouge Mocha Porter which ended up getting watered down to be closer to a dark ale actually ended up better than the actual beer (now I just need to remember exactly how I screwed it us so I can make it again). My Fat Tire probably still needs to condition a bit for the flavors to really develop properly but it is still a very respectable ale.

For their final test I took a six pack of each to a super bowl party on Sunday and offered them to the party gods. To my surprise, the commercial/micro brews were pretty much ignored until mine were gone (with the exception of some St. Arnold's one of the guys brought back from Houston). Even a few of the women at the party who rarely drink beer were asking if I had anymore. So overall I'd have to rate the first attempts as successes.

For all of you that answered the irrational fear induced questions of this newbie, you have my thanks and if you're every in Birmingham, AL feel free to drop by to partake in the fruits of my labors :mug:.

Keep up the good work.

You know it was a group of hobbyists that changed
the laws in Georgia. Now we can produce up to 200
gallons per person for personal use!

Back